3-hydroxyisobutyrate dehydrogenase-related (IPR015815)
Short name: HIBADH-related
Overlapping homologous superfamilies
- NAD(P)-binding domain superfamily (IPR036291)
This entry contains related reductases/dehydrogenases:
- 3-hydroxyisobutyrate dehydrogenase (HIBADH) (EC:126.96.36.199) catalyzes the NAD-dependent, reversible oxidation of 3-hydroxbutyrate to methylmalonate [PMID: 2647728]. In eukaryotes, it is a homodimeric mitochondrial protein involved in valine catabolism. In Pseudomonas aeruginosa [PMID: 1339433] (gene mmsB), it is involved in the distal valine metabolic pathway.
- 2-hydroxy-3-oxopropionate reductase (EC:188.8.131.52) catalyses the NAP(P)H dependent reduction of 2-hydroxy-3-oxopropionate (tartronate semialdehyde) to D-glycerate.
- 2-(hydroxymethyl)glutarate dehydrogenase (EC:184.108.40.2061) catalyses the conversion of 2-formylglutarate to (S)-2-hydroxymethylglutarate [PMID: 18680749].
- L-threonate dehydrogenase catalyses oxidation of L-threonate to 2-oxo-tetronate [PMID: 27402745].
- Putative oxidoreductase GLYR1, also known as 3-hydroxyisobutyrate dehydrogenase-like protein or nuclear protein NP60, which regulates p38 MAP kinase activity [PMID: 16352664].
Signatures from InterPro member databases are used to construct an entry.
- PIRSF000103 (HIBADH)