Pathways & interactions
Rossmann-like alpha/beta/alpha sandwich fold (IPR014729)
Short name: Rossmann-like_a/b/a_fold
This entry represents domains related by a common ancestor that have a Rossmann-like, 3-layer, alpha/beta/alpha sandwich fold. Protein families in which the domain is found include:
- Nucleotidylyl transferases (EC:2.7.7) such as cytidylyltransferases [PMID: 16344011], adenylyltransferases [PMID: 14684898].
- Class I aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases (catalytic domain), such as tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase (EC:220.127.116.11) and glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase (EC:18.104.22.168) [PMID: 7701318].
- Pantothenate synthetases (EC:22.214.171.124) [PMID: 16460002].
- ATP sulphurylase (central domain) [PMID: 16387658]
- N-type ATP pyrophosphatases, such as beta-lactam synthetase (EC:126.96.36.199) and GMP synthase (EC:188.8.131.52) [PMID: 8548458].
- PP-loop ATPases such as the cell cycle protein MesJ (N-terminal domain) [PMID: 15894617].
- Phosphoadenylyl sulphate (PAPS) reductase [PMID: 9261082]
- Electron transfer flavoprotein (ETFP) subunits, such as the N-terminal domains of the alpha and beta subunits [PMID: 8962055].
- Universal stress protein A (UspA) [PMID: 16952944].
- Cryptochrome and DNA photolyase [PMID: 17101984].
- G3DSA:184.108.40.2060 (G3DSA:220.127.116.110)