Pathways & interactions
Xylose isomerase-like, TIM barrel domain (IPR013022)
Short name: Xyl_isomerase-like_TIM-brl
Overlapping homologous superfamilies
- Xylose isomerase-like superfamily (IPR036237)
This entry represents a structural motif with a beta/alpha TIM barrel found in several proteins families:
- Endonuclease IV (EC:220.127.116.11), an AP (apurinic/apyrimidinic) endonuclease that primes DNA repair synthesis by cleaving the DNA backbone 5' of AP sites [PMID: 10458614].
- L-rhamnose isomerase (EC:18.104.22.168), a tetramer of four TIM barrels that catalyses the isomerisation between aldoses and ketoses, such as between L-rhamnose and L-rhamnulose [PMID: 17141803].
- Xylose isomerase (EC:22.214.171.124), which catalyses the first reaction in the catabolism of D-xylose by converting D-xylose to D-xylulose [PMID: 16673077].
- Mannonate dehydratase UxuA, which along with mannonate oxidoreductase converts D-fructuronate to 2-keto-3-deoxy-D-gluconate [PMID: 7007313].
These proteins share similar, but not identical, metal-binding sites. In addition, xylose isomerase and L-rhamnose isomerase each have additional alpha-helical domains involved in tetramer formation.
- PF01261 (AP_endonuc_2)