Pathways & interactions
SLC26A/SulP transporter domain (IPR011547)
Short name: SLC26A/SulP_dom
This entry represents a conserved domain found in a group of sulphate transporters, known as the SLC26A/SulP family [PMID: 8140616, PMID: 7616962]. These proteins contain an N-terminal membrane domain and a C-terminal cytoplasmic STAS domain a STAS (sulfate transporter and anti-sigma factor antagonist) domain [PMID: 10662676]. This central domain is usually found next to the STAS domain (IPR002645). Proteins containing this domain include:
- Neurospora crassa sulphate permease II (gene cys-14).
- Yeast sulphate permeases (genes SUL1 and SUL2).
- Rat sulphate anion transporter 1 (SAT-1).
- Mammalian DTDST, a probable sulphate transporter which, in human, is involved in the genetic disease, diastrophic dysplasia (DTD).
- Sulphate transporters 1, 2 and 3 from the legume Stylosanthes hamata.
- Human pendrin (gene PDS), which is involved in a number of hearing loss genetic diseases.
- Human protein DRA (Down-Regulated in Adenoma).
- Soybean early nodulin 70.
- Escherichia coli hypothetical protein ychM.
- Caenorhabditis elegans hypothetical protein F41D9.5.
- PF00916 (Sulfate_transp)