Pathways & interactions
Prismane-like superfamily (IPR011254)
Short name: Prismane-like_sf
- Hydroxylamine reductase/Ni-containing CO dehydrogenase (IPR004137)
- Acetyl-CoA decarbonylase/synthase complex subunit alpha (IPR004460)
- CO dehydrogenase/acetyl-CoA synthase complex beta subunit (IPR004461)
- Ni-containing CO dehydrogenase (IPR010047)
- Hydroxylamine reductase (IPR010048)
- Prismane-like, alpha/beta-sandwich (IPR016099)
- Acetyl-CoA decarbonylase/synthase complex subunit beta, archaeal (IPR023432)
Prismane (hybrid-cluster) proteins are present in a wide range of bacteria and archaea, and are characterised by their two Fe/S centres: a [4Fe-4S] cubane cluster, and a hybrid [4Fe-2S-2O] cluster [PMID: 10651802]. Prismane proteins contain four domains: two spectrin repeat-like 3-helical bundle domains, and two alpha/beta domains with Rossmann-fold topology. Several proteins are structurally related to Prismane, including Ni-containing carbon monoxide dehydrogenase (CODH) (lack one of the N-terminal 3-helical bundle domains), the alpha and beta subunits of bifunctional CODH, and the alpha and beta subunits of acetyl-CoA synthetase.
This superfamily represents the spectrin repeat-like 3-helical bundle domains, as well as the two alpha/beta domains with Rossmann-fold topology.
- SSF56821 (SSF56821)