Pathways & interactions
HRDC-like superfamily (IPR010997)
Short name: HRDC-like_sf
- HRDC domain (IPR002121)
- RNA polymerase II, Rpb4 (IPR005574)
- Ribonuclease D (IPR006292)
- DNA helicase, ATP-dependent, RecQ type, bacterial (IPR006293)
- RNA polymerase II, Rpb4, core (IPR006590)
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase subunit F (Rpo4) (IPR010924)
- ATP-dependent helicase Sgs1 (IPR022758)
- Rpb4/RPC9 superfamily (IPR038324)
This superfamily represents the HRDC (helicase and RNaseD C-terminal) domain, which comprises two orthogonally packed alpha-hairpin subdomains, and is involved in interactions with DNA and protein.
The HRDC (helicase and RNaseD C-terminal) domain is found at the C terminus of many RecQ helicases, including the human Werner and Bloom syndrome proteins [PMID: 10647186]. RecQ helicases have been shown to unwind DNA in an ATP-dependent manner. The structure of the HRDC domain consists of a 4-5 helical bundle of two orthogonally packed alpha-hairpins, and as such it resembles auxiliary domains in bacterial DNA helicases and other proteins that interact with nucleic acids. A positively charged region on the surface of the HRDC domain is able to interact with DNA.
- SSF47819 (SSF47819)