Pathways & interactions
O-acetylhomoserine/O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase (IPR006235)
Short name: OAc-hSer/O-AcSer_sulfhydrylase
Overlapping homologous superfamilies
- Pyridoxal phosphate-dependent transferase, major domain (IPR015421)
- Pyridoxal phosphate-dependent transferase (IPR015424)
- Cys/Met metabolism, pyridoxal phosphate-dependent enzyme (IPR000277)
- O-acetylhomoserine/O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase (IPR006235)
This family of sequences is a distinct clade of the Cys/Met metabolism pyridoxal phosphate-dependent enzyme superfamily. Members include examples of OAH/OAS sulfhydrylase, an enzyme with activity both as O-acetylhomoserine sulfhydrylase (OAH, EC:184.108.40.206) and O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase (OAS, EC:220.127.116.11) [PMID: 8154184]. An alternate name for OAH sulfhydrylase is homocysteine synthase.
This family also includes sulfhydrylase FUB7, which is part of the gene cluster that mediates the biosynthesis of fusaric acid [PMID: 25372119].
- TIGR01326 (OAH_OAS_sulfhy)