Pathways & interactions
CRC domain (IPR005172)
Short name: CRC
- Tesmin/TSO1-like CXC domain (IPR033467)
- CRC domain (IPR005172)
The following proteins of the tesmin/TSO1 family contain two cysteines-rich repeats with the consensus C-X-C-X(4)-C-X(3)-Y-C-X-C-X(6)-C-X(3)-C-X-C-X(2)-C separated by a region of variable length containing the short conserved sequence R-N-P-X-A-F-X-P-K:
- Animal tesmin or MTL5, originally identified by its specific expression in testes, but subsequently it was also detected at specific stages of ovary development.
- Animal tesmin-like (tesl) or LIN54.
- Drosophila melanogaster tombola (tomb), a meiotic arrest protein which is expressed specifically in testis.
- Arabidopsis thaliana TSO1, 'tso' means 'ugly' in Chinese and refers to the appearance of tso1 mutant flowers.
- Arabidopsis thaliana TSO1-like 1 and 2 (SOL1 and SOL2).
- Legume Cysteine-rich Polycomb-like Protein 1 (CPP1), a DNA-binding protein acting as a negative regulator of the leghemoglobin gene.