Pathways & interactions
Short name: Flavdoxin-like
- Flavodoxin-like (IPR001094)
- Bifunctional cytochrome P450/NADPH--cytochrome P450 reductase (IPR023206)
- NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase (IPR023208)
- NADPH-dependent diflavin oxidoreductase 1 (IPR028879)
- Nitric-oxide synthase, eukaryote (IPR012144)
- Sulphite reductase [NADPH] flavoprotein, alpha chain (IPR010199)
This entry includes flavodoxins and flavodoxin-like proteins, such as NADPH-dependent diflavin oxidoreductase NDOR1 and nitric oxide synthases.
Flavodoxins act in various electron-transport systems as functional analogues of ferredoxins [PMID: 7830610]. Although flavodoxins are found only in certain bacteria and algae [PMID: 2597140] the proteins share similarity with a number of protein domains of both prokaryotic and eukaryotic origin [PMID: 3085707].
- PR00369 (FLAVODOXIN)