MoaA/nifB/pqqE, iron-sulphur binding, conserved site (IPR000385)
Short name: MoaA_NifB_PqqE_Fe-S-bd_CS
- Bacterial and archebacterial protein moaA, which is involved in the biosynthesis of the molybdenum cofactor (molybdopterin; MPT).
- Arabidopsis thaliana (Mouse-ear cress) cnx2, a protein involved in molybdopterin biosynthesis and which is highly similar to moaA.
- Bacillus subtilis narA, which seems to be the moaA ortholog in that bacteria.
- Bacterial protein nifB (or fixZ) which is involved in the biosynthesis of the nitrogenase iron-molybdenum cofactor.
- Bacterial protein pqqE which is involved in the biosynthesis of the cofactor pyrrolo-quinoline-quinone (PQQ).
- Pyrococcus furiosus cmo, a protein involved in the synthesis of a molybdopterin-based tungsten cofactor.
- Caenorhabditis elegans hypothetical protein F49E2.1.
Signatures from InterPro member databases are used to construct an entry.
- PS01305 (MOAA_NIFB_PQQE)