- 18th March 2015 - 4 million Samples and counting ..
The Biosamples database now stores over 4 million biosample records!
- 26th February 2015 - Bioample database RDF data updated.
A new Biosample database RDF data set has been released and is now available as part of the EBI RDF Platform. The new update aligns to the most recent data accessible from the Biosample database repository and has a few improvements in ZOOMA-based annotations.
- 8th January 2015 - NCBI data exchange
The Biosamples database now imports all public data from NCBI Biosamples database on regular basis.
- 14th October 2013 - RDF
- 23rd May 2013 - TCGA added
Samples from The Cancer Genome Atlas have been added to BioSamples.
- 8th March 2013 - Interface updated
- 20th February 2013 - API avaliable
An API is now avaliable.
- 5th November 2012 - Interface updated
An updated web interface has been released. If you encounter problems or have any comments, please Contact Us.
- 14th June 2012 - Database updated
The BioSamples Database has been updated, both with new samples and updates to existing samples as well as interface improvements. It now contains over 1.3 million samples and has links to assays in other databases.
- 17th May 2012 - Announcement mailing list launched
A low-trafic mailing list for announcements about the BioSamples Database has been created. Subscribe at http://listserver.ebi.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/biosamples-announce.
- 13th April 2012 - SampleTab parser released
The first version of the Limpopo-SampleTab parser has been released. See http://limpopo.sourceforge.net/sampletab/ for more information.
- 16th November 2011 - NAR paper available
The Nucelic Acids Research : 2012 Database Issue on the BioSamples Database is avaliable for advance access from the NAR website.
- 26th October 2011 - FTP available
SampleTab files are avaliable for access via FTP at ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/biosamples/
- 18th May 2011 - Website update