Huo2017 - SEIS epidemic model with the impact of media
- Stability and bifurcation for an SEIS epidemic model with the impact of media
- Hai-Feng Huo, Peng Yang, Hong Xiang
- Elsevier BV , 9/ 2017 , Volume 490 , pages: 702-720
- Department of Applied Mathematics, Lanzhou University of Technology, Lanzhou, Gansu, 730050, People’s Republic of China
- A novel SEIS epidemic model with the impact of media is introduced. By analyzing the characteristic equation of equilibrium, the basic reproduction number is obtained and the stability of the steady states is proved. The occurrence of a forward, backward and Hopf bifurcation is derived. Numerical simulations and sensitivity analysis are performed. Our results manifest that media can regard as a good indicator in controlling the emergence and spread of the epidemic disease.