Reactome releases knowledgebase version 46
Reactome releases new and updated pathways in database version 46
We are pleased to announce the third of this year's quarterly updates (v46) of the Reactome knowledgebase.
New pathway topics
- Cellular senescence (an addition to the topic Cellular response to stress)
- Defects in biotin metabolism
- Defects in cobalamin (B12) metabolism
- TGF-beta receptor complex signaling in cancer (all additions to Disease)
- Laminin interactions (an addition to Extracellular matrix organization)
- Signaling by Leptin (added to Signal Transduction)
- TRP channels (added to Transmembrane transport of small molecules).
Revised and extended events
- Degradation of the extracellular matrix
- Integrin cell surface interactions (in Extracellular matrix organization)
- Regulation of PLK1 activity at G2/M transition
- Polo-like kinase mediated events (in Cell cycle).
We thank the external reviewers of these topics: Rosemary J Akhurst, Wytse Bruinsma, Lei He, Dominique Meyer, Steven W Polyak, Sylvie Ricard-Blum, Shamith Samarajiwa, Thomas Scherer, and David Watkins.
Plant Reactome news
Plant Reactome has released new rice pathways associated with cofactor biosynthesis, hormone biosnythesis, and fatty acids & lipids biosynthesis. Examples include: pyridoxamine anabolism, ABA biosynthesis and mediated signaling and glycolipid desaturation.
Reactome is a collaboration between groups at the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York University Medical Center, and the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI). Freely available to everyone worldwide, the Reactome database offers pathway data encapsulating areas of human biology ranging from metabolism to complex events such as FGFR signaling, apoptosis and disease, extracted from the published literature by Reactome curatorial staff and cross-referenced to a wide range of standard biological databases. Reactome data and software are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.