Ensembl version 76 release
Ensembl version 76 has been released, offering updated data and new features.
The new Ensembl release 76 includes:
- Updated human assembly to GRCh38 (GENCODE 20)
- Updated mouse gene set (GENCODE M3)
- New BLAST/BLAT
- New Regulation displays
- Improved sequence export
- New species: Amazon molly and Olive baboon
- Updated human GENCODE release 20 and mouse GENCODE release M3 gene sets including manual annotation from Havana
- Imported the latest sequence variants from dbSNP build 140 for chicken, cow, pig and sheep.
- Updated COSMIC version 69
- Updated DGVa data for cow, dog, horse, human, macaque, mouse, pig, zebrafish
- Updated human phenotype from ClinVar and Decipher.
More about release 76
The release blog post can be viewed here: http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2014/08/07/ensembl-76-has-been-released/
A complete list of the changes in release 76 can be found at http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/news.html
Find out more at the Ensembl Release Webinar e76 (Wed, August 20, 2014 4:00 PM - 4.30 PM GMT). Register for free here: http://tinyurl.com/e76-webinar
Want to know more about GRCh38?, Register for free to the Ensembl and GRC Webinar (Wed, September 17, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM GMT): http://tinyurl.com/GRCh38-webinar