Ensembl version 73 release
Ensembl version 73 has been released, offering updated data and new features.
The new Ensembl release 73 includes:
- Updated human GENCODE gene set including manual annotation from HAVANA.
- New assembly patches (GRCh37.p12) have been added and annotated.
- Import of human PhenCode data.
- New species: Flycatcher (Ficedulla albicollis) and Duck (Anas platyrhynchos)
- Updated zebrafish gene set including manual annotation from HAVANA.
- Updated rabbit gene set models built from RNAseq data. Tissue-specific gene models with indexed BAM files are also provided.
- New search engine (Solr)
The release blog post can be viewed here: http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2013/09/04/ensembl-73-has-been-released/
A complete list of the changes in release 73 can be found at http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/news.html