Ensembl version 74 release
Ensembl version 74 has been released, offering updated data and new features.
The new Ensembl release 74 includes:
- Updated human GENCODE release 19 and mouse GENCODE release M2 gene sets including manual annotation from Havana
- New assembly patches for human (GRCh37.p13) and mouse (GRCm38.p2)
- dbSNP Build 138 data for human, mouse and cow
- New secondary structure models for ncRNAs
- New matrix configuration for RNASeq models for human, sheep and opossum
- Updated human phenotype data
- COSMIC version 67 and update of COSMIC structural variants
- Variation data for sheep from dbSNP build 128 as well as imported sheep genotyping chips
- Added mouse phenotype data from IMPC (International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium)
- New species: sheep, cave fish and spotted gar
- Updated armadillo assembly to Dasnov3.0. Tissue-specific gene models with indexed BAM files are also provided.
The release blog post can be viewed here: http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2013/12/06/ensembl-74-has-been-released/
A complete list of the changes in release 74 can be found at http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/news.html