EMBL-EBI provides freely available data from life science experiments, performs basic research in computational biology and offers an extensive user training programme, supporting researchers in academia and industry.
News from EMBL-EBI
Ensembl has incorporated a vast amount of knowledge into a fully annotated reference human genome, GRCh38, providing a solid foundation for future genomics research.
New software allows researchers to share anonymised genetic data seamlessly across platforms.
Initial analyses of the marmoset genome provide insight into this tiny primate’s reproductive system, which is well adapted to multiple births. The marmoset sequence is freely available in the Ensembl genome explorer.
- To provide freely available data and bioinformatics services to all facets of the scientific community
- To contribute to the advancement of biology through basic investigator-driven research
- To provide advanced bioinformatics training to scientists at all levels
- To help disseminate cutting-edge technologies to industry
- To coordinate biological data provision throughout Europe.