EMBL-EBI provides freely available data from life science experiments, performs basic research in computational biology and offers an extensive user training programme, supporting researchers in academia and industry.
News from EMBL-EBI
Initial analyses of the marmoset genome provide insight into this tiny primate’s reproductive system, which is well adapted to multiple births. The marmoset sequence is freely available in the Ensembl genome explorer.
The new reference sheep genome, published by the International Sheep Genomics Consortium (ISGC), is freely available through the Ensembl genome explorer.
On 21 June 2014, the first Ocean Sampling Day will take place at over 160 sites throughout the world.
- To provide freely available data and bioinformatics services to all facets of the scientific community
- To contribute to the advancement of biology through basic investigator-driven research
- To provide advanced bioinformatics training to scientists at all levels
- To help disseminate cutting-edge technologies to industry
- To coordinate biological data provision throughout Europe.